Saturday 28 May 2011

Charlie Ramsay Round....still going!

A quick update: I've had (once again) some horrible weather. Nevertheless, I manged the Mamores leg on Thursday and the Loch Trieg hills leg on Friday. This round has been mostly about mental toughness (and my lack of it!!). Today I tried to finish the final leg, from Stob Ban (Grey Corries) over to Ben Nevis. Sadly, the weather was very windy again (gusting 60mph) and with quite a lot of snow falling it caused painful whipping blizzards. After several hours of very wintry weather and deepening snow on the Aonachs, I decieded to play it safe and bail off Aonach Mor (not feeling it was sensible to push things too far in such conditions while alone and fatigued!) Very disappointed to come down so close to the end but will head back tomorrow to finish off the round (although the forecast is terrible once again!!!)
Very VERY sick of bad weather now.

No comments:

Post a Comment