Friday 8 April 2011

Energy and Nutrition

Today I splurged on some energy and nutritional supplements for the UK Big 3 Challenge in May:

I have bought High 5 Iso energy gels (citrus); one for each day spent on the hill. I decided to go for just one per day because if I gulp down any more than this, it is likely to make me queasy (especially after 11 days!!) I've already tried lots of different energy gels in road and fell races past, prefering the more liquidy and less fluorescent looking ones. I plan to save my one gel for the 'low point' of each day and supplement it with good old fashioned jelly babies (and Haribo Tangfastics - my personal favourite!!)

For hydration I am going to stick with diluted pure orange juice (tried and tested).

For general sustinence I will probably just make a basic packed lunch (something like jam sandwiches, pepperamis and flapjacks etc...) Something vaguley filling.

Finally, after each day on the hill I am going to drink a For Goodness Shakes (chocolate flavour!) to aid post-exercise recovery. I haven't tried these before but they come highly recommended and apparently help you to keep going day after day...

In the evenings I will do my best to replenish my energy levels by eating LOADS AND LOADS!!! Certainly plenty of carbohydrate to rebuild glycogen stores and protein for recovery.

I am looking forward to this bit!!!!!
 :0)

3 comments:

  1. This blog might interest you http://www.sportsscientists.com/, they did a lot of interesting posts on nutrition and hydration that I've found useful in my own sporting endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water requirement varies from one region to another region..
    Nutrition and Hydration week 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive. I think there are many people like and visit it regularly, including me. I appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here. Drop Taxi Service

    ReplyDelete