Saturday 29 January 2011

Walking, running and navigation...

Why walk when you can run?? That's what I keep asking myself about this challenge. I will be sorely tempted to run these rounds, however I have decided to try and stick to walking for two reasons: I am quite injury prone (to running/overuse injuries) and because I 'have my eye' on a few fell races in June, which I would LOVE to be fighting fit for! I am secretly hoping that lots of mountain walking will strengthen up weak joints and allow me to dabble in some fell running this summer.

Yesterday I bought a basic GPS unit which I am planning to take with me on the challenege this May. The idea is to use the GPS to log my track (actual route taken) and to mark/waypoint the summits I visit along the way. I'm hoping this will give me a way of showing where I have been and will maybe provide some sort of graphic I can upload to this blog. I am not planning on using the GPS unit for navigation purposes. I'll be relying on map and compass for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment