Thursday 10 February 2011

Style!

As I dig deeper into what this challenge is going to require, I have begun to realise that it is truly of epic proportion! This has affected my ideas on logistics and 'style' (i.e. what is possible!) After many kind offers of company from friends and family, I have decided to stick with my original plan and attempt the UK Big 3 solo. By this I mean that I will be doing all the legs by myself.

I have decided however, that in the name of being 'fast-and-light', I am going to spend my nights in local accommodation (with a bath and comfy bed!) rather than camping enroute. This will allow me to do the rounds without carrying camping equipment everywhere with me. This will certainly be the case in Wales and the Lake District, although in Scotland I will be camping in bothies along the way.

For the Paddy Buckley round and Bob Graham round I have decided to accept an offer of help from a family 'support team' who will follow me round the country, driving me here there and everywhere! This will maximise time for rest and has enabled me to starting book accommodation early.

No comments:

Post a Comment