Thursday 16 December 2010

Getting Started!

What to do...what to do.....hmmmmmm!
At the moment I have so many questions (which round first, what should the legs be, tent/bothy/bivvy/B&B, reccy it or don't, solo or with company, how to raise the money?Mostly I just worry that I might have bitten off more than I can chew here. 

At the moment there is too much snow and darkness to start training for this challenge in earnest. So, building on a base of winter climbing and some hill walking, i'm off to the Alps on Boxing Day for a month of skiing (or falling with skiis on) and some ice climbing.

Chèré Couloir , Chamonix, 2008 

I'm hoping that this will give me a decent level of winter fitness that I can build on in 2011 when the snows thaw..... 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keri

    Just heard about your challenge via LAC's Facebook page, sure you can beat your 14-day target and wish you the best of luck with that and the fundraising.

    Re. the 'Gofar' links, thought you might like to know that the eclipse.co.uk addresses you're using are to an older version that Tony Wimbush no longer has access to, but you can link to the same pages on the current site by changing these bits to http://gofar.rwimbush.purplecloud.net/.

    Cheers
    P

    ReplyDelete